Forest park School District 91 - Equity Imperative
Recognizing that systemic bias has plagued our educational system, we commit to nurturing dialogue around all issues of inequity, including culture, race, faith, socioeconomic status, gender identity, sexual orientation, and different ability, as they pertain to classroom practices, school and district structures, and policies and procedures. We support actions removing barriers to opportunities that allow children to reach their full potential.
- Given this imperative, the District 91 Board of Education will:
- Ensure that all board decisions consider disparities of those who have been marginalized in society;
- Require the evaluation of the impact of all proposed programs, systems, curriculum, and instructional methods on marginalized groups and individuals;
- Provide students with equitable resources, opportunities and supports;
- Promote practices that attract and retain a qualified workforce, diverse in experiences, reflecting the demographic diversity of our students;
- Ensure board members and staff receive training promoting an understanding of racial identity and cultural competencies, identifying and addressing implicit and explicit biases;
- Provide a variety of opportunities to involve our diverse community members as active collaborators to ensure that all constituents can be involved and are welcomed to do so; and
- Acknowledge and address possible inequities when adopting all board policies.