Erin's Law in District 91
Victor Pacini, a nationally recognized creator and designer of programs and products that focus on PBIS, Social Emotional Learning, Character Counts specializing in Erin's Law programs, will be coming to the Forest Park Schools during the month of September for Erin's Law. To learn more about Victor Pacini and what his presentation is about go to https://youtu.be/5RW52vkILSI.
- Friday, September 20th - Field Stevenson and Grant-White
- Monday, September 23rd - FPMS
- Tuesday, September 24th - Garfield
- Friday, September 27th - Betsy Ross
In Illinois, Erin's Law requires that all public schools implement child-focused sexual abuse prevention education that:
- Teaches students in grades pre-K through 12th grade age-appropriate information about how to recognize child sexual abuse and tell a trusted adult;
- Requires school personnel to be informed about child sexual abuse;
- Provides parents and guardians with information on the warning signs of child sexual abuse, plus any needed assistance, referrals or resources to support victims and their families.
Erin's Law is named after Erin Merryn, a childhood sexual assault survivor, author, speaker and activist. The law is a national effort that begin in Erin's home state of Illinois and has passed in the majority of other states.