Returning Students Online Registration
Online registration for the 2020-2021 school year will be available starting Monday, August 3, 2020 at 8:00 am through Friday, August 14, 2020. In response to COVID-19 and our ongoing efforts to reduce unnecessary personal contact, all student registration will be completed online using the Illuminate Home Connection (IHC) parent portal.
Please visit the Required Documentation page (at the left) before attempting online registration. You will need to upload all documents listed on the Required Documents page.
All returning students will receive a packet in the mail with online registration instructions and a NEW access code to access the Illuminate Home Connection parent portal. Once you have received your access code, click Illuminate Home Connection and click on "Create Account".
Create a Parent Account Form
Enter your name, email address, and phone number exactly as listed in the packet (same information from registration last year); enter the access code provided in the letter and create a password.
- You will see your childrens’ names in the upper left corner in a drop down, and a green bubble with the number of forms you have available to fill out.
- Click on the Forms tab for returning students.
- If you have a new Kindergartener in the family, or another sibling who will be attending District 91 schools for the first time, scroll all the way down on the left, click on “Pre-registration” and then scroll down a little more to “Add Pre-Registration”.
Registration Form Steps
- Page 1: Name of the student should be listed
- Page 2: Click on “Edit” to view all primary contact information:
- If you would like to add another primary contact, click on “Add Household Contact”
- Click on “Add Other/Emergency Contacts” to add an emergency contact, or click on “Edit” or “Remove” as needed
- Please include a minimum of 2 reliable emergency contacts. Click “Save and Continue” to move on to the next page
- Page 3: Page 4: Parent Handbook, Photo Release and Community information (click on links to view)
- Page 4: Student Medical Information--Must be updated every year
- Page 5: Residency type---Do you own or rent? Upload Category A documents
- Page 6: Upload category B documents
- Page 7: Only required if you are unable to provide Category A and B documents
- Page 8: District 91 Affidavit Form--read and acknowledge
- Page 9: Student meal service information about pick-up location and the Free/Reduced Lunch Application.
- Page 10: End page. If you have any additional questions, comments or upload issues please type your remarks in the comment section (ie. transcript or IEP information, challenges uploading documents, questions for the principal or secretary….)
Once submitted, the documents and information will be reviewed and verified by the school office. You will receive a confirmation email from Illuminate Home Connection within a week and communication from the district before the first day of school. REMEMBER, YOU CAN ALWAYS CALL OR EMAIL THE SCHOOL SECRETARIES IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS. ALL SCHOOL OFFICES WILL BE CLOSED UNTIL AUGUST 3, 2020.