Be a part of a great experience!
Join the Grant-White Intermediate Third, Fourth and Fifth Grade Choir!
Dear Third, Fourth and Fifth Grade Families,
I am pleased to begin another year of making beautiful music with our Grant-White Choir. There is no fee or audition to participate. However, there are rules and expectations to facilitate a productive and positive musical experience for your child.
In choir, we are all part of a team that needs to work together in order to be successful. Every voice is important. It is vital that each child attends rehearsals. It is also expected that each student gives their best effort at every rehearsal.
- Thursday afternoons from 2:45-3:45 p.m. (Rehearsal and performance schedule will be provided at the first rehearsal).
Attendance and Behavior
- If your child needs to miss a rehearsal please either email me or leave a message with the Grant-White Office.
- After 3 unexcused absences, your child will be dismissed from choir for this session. The same holds true for cases of misbehavior.
- If your child is also signed up for Girls on the Run, they will participate in choir rehearsal and then be dismissed to Girls on the Run.
- Please pick up your child at the front door of the school by 3:45 p.m.
- Transportation will be provided for students to Garfield, the Community Center or the Park District.
Choir Concert (Mandatory)
- Tuesday, January 30th at 6:30 p.m. at Grant-White Intermediate School.
The winter choir concert will end the first choir session. Before filling out the choir form please read this information sheet with your child and check the performance date on your calendar. In order for your child to participate in choir, performance in the choir concert is mandatory. *
To celebrate the students' hard work and dedication each performer will receive a ticket following that evening concert. This ticket is your child’s invitation to the choir breakfast.
Every individual of the choir comes together to create a musical ensemble. All members are wanted and needed in order to have a successful and rewarding performance.
Once rehearsals begin, choir members are expected to fulfill their commitment for session 1, including rehearsals and concert. Extenuating circumstances may be discussed with the director.
I am looking forward to another wonderful session with the Grant-White Choir. Maybe your child loves to sing, maybe they would like to improve their singing skills, and maybe they are looking for a positive social activity. These are just some of the reasons to join the Grant-White Third, Fourth and Fifth Grade Choir.
The choir will be limited to the first 35 students who turn in a signed and completed registration form. Registration forms may be turned in to Ms. Carini or the Office no later than Friday, September 15.
I can’t wait to hear them sing!
Feel free to contact me with any questions.
General Music Teacher
Grant White Intermediate