Preschool Registration Update 5-11-2020
The screening and regisration process for preschool has been postponed until the schools reopen. The Forest Park Preschool program will contact those families who signed up for an appointment once we have a date set for the 2020-2021 school year.
Prospective Families - Preschool
If you live in Forest Park and your child is between 3 and 5 years of age, they may attend the preschool program in Forest Park School District 91.
When: Forest Park Preschool is a 5-day program during the regular school year. There is a morning session (8:15 - 11:00) or afternoon session (12:00 - 2:45 pm).
Where: All Forest Park Preschool students attend class at Garfield School (543 Hannah Avenue) from Tuesday through Friday. On Mondays, students attend a program run by the West Cook YMCA at the St. John's Lutheran Church/School at 305 Circle Avenue.
Cost: $100 per year paid at the time of registration.
How to Enroll
- Starting in March, call Garfield School at 708-366-6945 to schedule a screening appointment.
- Screening appointments are typically an hour and are held in April and May.
- The student and a parent/guardian must be present at the appointment.
- Your child will spend time with the Forest Park Preschool staff while you complete the registration process.
- Birth certificate for the child and proof of residency is required. Appropriate Documentation to Enroll
- Bring cash or check to pay the $100 materials fee.
- In June, you will be informed of your child's session (AM/PM) and a welcome packet will be sent to you. (Preferences for AM or PM session are taken into account, but are not always able to be accommodated.)
- Your child will need a physical with documentation from your doctor by no later than October.
- Class sizes vary from 10-15
- 1 teacher, 2 assistants
- Utilize Creative Curriculum materials and unit plans
- Play-based format
- Students independently transition from center to center
- Student bring a healthy snack
- Students with and without IEPs are in the same classroom
- Occupational Therapist, Social Worker or Speech Therapist may push in to the classroom for centers
- Check out the video A Day in the Life of a Preschooler
- Check out our calendar for "Family" night for prospective families to visit the school and speak with the staff