Prospective Families - Preschool
If you live in Forest Park and your child is between 3 and 5 years of age, they may attend the preschool program in Forest Park School District 91.
When: Forest Park Preschool is a 5-day program during the regular school year. There is a morning session (8:15 - 11:00) or afternoon session (12:00 - 2:45 pm).
Where: All Forest Park Preschool students attend class at Garfield School (543 Hannah Avenue) from Tuesday through Friday. On Mondays, students attend a program run by the West Cook YMCA at the St. John's Lutheran Church/School at 305 Circle Avenue.
Cost: $100 per year paid at the time of registration.
How to Enroll
- Starting in March, call Garfield School at 708-366-6945 to schedule a screening appointment.
- Screening appointments are typically an hour and are held in April and May.
- The student and a parent/guardian must be present at the appointment.
- Your child will spend time with the Forest Park Preschool staff while you complete the registration process.
- Birth certificate for the child and proof of residency is required. Appropriate Documentation to Enroll
- Bring cash or check to pay the $100 materials fee.
- In June, you will be informed of your child's session (AM/PM) and a welcome packet will be sent to you. (Preferences for AM or PM session are taken into account, but are not always able to be accommodated.)
- Your child will need a physical with documentation from your doctor by no later than October.
- Class sizes vary from 10-15
- 1 teacher, 2 assistants
- Utilize Creative Curriculum materials and unit plans
- Play-based format
- Students independently transition from center to center
- Student bring a healthy snack
- Students with and without IEPs are in the same classroom
- Occupational Therapist, Social Worker or Speech Therapist may push in to the classroom for centers
- Check out the video A Day in the Life of a Preschooler
- Check out our calendar for "Family" night for prospective families to visit the school and speak with the staff